Corn Cream/Dip

So, here's the thing... I love cheese. But I'm cutting the animal product out of my diet, so I have to cut this ingredient to.

Some time ago my yoga teacher suggest a body cleanse treatment in which, amoung other things, I had to stop eating animals products for a week. I remember that I didn't have a hard time giving up the meat or the fish, but I was craving for cheese at some point. So I had to search for alternatives.


I found this corn cream, and I find it delicious. There are other alternatives for cheese, this one is more of a corn dip, but I likes it so much back then, that I make it from time to time.

It doesn't look very pretty in my picture, but it tastes really good.

Corn Cream/Dip


Ingredients

1 can of corn
1 onion
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons oat flour
75 ml mineral water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions
1. Chop the onion.
2. Heat up the olive oil in a cooking pot over over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until it turns golden.
3. Add the corn and the mineral water, mixing with the onion.
4. Next, add the oat flour and keep stirring. If you see that it is too liquid, add another spoon of oat flour.
5. Add salt and pepper. If you want, you can add other spices. These are the two that I use the most when making this cream.6. Remove from the heat and mash it slightly to make it look even creamier.

Hope you like it.

Comments

Popular Posts