Lentils and Vegetables and Soy Sausages

Lentils are one of those things that I like, but I don't cook very often because I never remember them. Don't ask me why, but when I think "what should I cook later?", I never think about lentils.

There are several types of lentils. The ones I used on this dish are the green ones. They are great sources of fiber, iron and protein.

Lentils with Vegetables and Soy Sausages

Ingredients
2 cups of lentils
Half an onion
1 garlic clove
1 carrot
500 ml tomato sauce
4 soy sausagens (if they are small, use 5)
Half courgette
Olive oil for the frying pan
1 teaspoon black pepper
Boiled basmati rice

Instructions
1. Rince the lentils. In a cooking pot, boil some water (enough to cover the lentils).
2. When the water is boiling, add the lentils and let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until they are tender.
3. Drain and set aside to cool.
4. In a frying pan, heat up a little bit of olive oil, adding the chopped onion and chopped garlic.
5. After a couple of minutes, add the carrot and the courgette, both sliced and the tomato sauce, and after 5 more minutes, add the soy sausages, also sliced. Mix everything very well everytime you and a new ingredient.
6. Let it cook on low heat for around 10 minutes, and finally mix the lentils, adding the pepper as well. If you want, add a pintch of salt. Let it cook for 5 minutes more, and it's ready.

It's really good with boiled basmati rice.

Comments

Popular Posts