Vegan Bechamel Sauce

Today I'm finally bringing the recipe for vegan bechamel sauce.

Last time I made it, I used it in the vegetable lasagna (recipe in the previous post).


I learned how to make this sauce with my mom and my aunt, and I don't always use this exact quantities, but I tried them and they work perfectly.

Bechamel Sauce

Ingredients
4 tablespoons (60 g) of vegan margarine (I used a coconut oil margarine)
2 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
500 ml soy milk
Pintch of salt
Pintch of nutmeg, according to your taste

Instructions
1. Melt the margarine in a pot, on low heat
2. Add the cornstarch (after dissolving it in water) and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Slowly, start adding the soy milk, always stirring. Everytime the mixture starts to get thicker add a little bit more of milk.
4. When you have the consistency you want, add the salt and the nutmeg. I prefer to use a whisk while making this sauce, although I've used a wooden spoon before.
5. If it's to thick in the end, you can add a little bit more of milk until you get the desired consistency.

Comments

Popular Posts